Webinar Series: Comprehensive Space Plasma EMC Analysis Using a Single Model
Electro Magnetic Applications would like to invite you to our upcoming Webinar Series starting Thursday November 30th. Each webinar in this series will present a quantitative assessment of EMC risks due to space plasma environments.
Space plasmas present many risks to space vehicles, ranging from antenna pattern distortion to surface charging to box level transient coupling. The modern use of ceramics and other insulating materials in space vehicle platforms makes numerical EMC analysis an important part of the design process. The ability to perform a wide array of numerical analyses from a single geometric model provides great efficiency and flexibility for a space program. Different materials and other design variations can be incorporated into the model to obtain a comprehensive view of the impact of these modifications on overall vehicle EMC risk.
Emphasis will be on using a single geometric model to perform a wide array of assessments, including:
- Antenna Siting- Nov, 30th: Video Below
- Surface Charging
- Internal Charging (coupon)
- Discharge Coupling to Cable
- Thruster Plume-induced Antenna Pattern Distortion
- Radiated Emissions/Radiated Susceptibility
Webinar Part 1 Topic: Antenna Siting
When: Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:00 am
Mountain Standard Time (Denver, GMT-07:00)
- Will antennas interfere with one another?
- Will antennas interfere with other units?
- What is the distortion of the antenna from the installation on the platform?
If you are having problems watching the video, you can download it here.